Physical Size of the MBP 13" Box?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by $MacUser$, May 29, 2010.

1. $MacUser$ macrumors 6502

Okay, this is a semi-silly question, but I have to ask...

...I'm a poor grad student, and only have a bike with bike bags as a means of transportation. Within the next however-many days, I'm going to be peddling my way up to the Mac Store to grab a new MPB plus iPod Touch.

I'm wondering how big, dimensionally, the MBP 13" box is. Not the laptop itself, but the box it's packaged in. In other words, this thing:

[​IMG]

I'm just trying to figure out if it will fit in my bags, or if I'll have to take a backpack or something else.

Thanks very much for your time. :apple:

2. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

do you have a radio flyer laying around anywhere? :D

3. smc333 macrumors regular

Earlier in the year, before I got this 13" I bought a 15" Pro. They gave me a plastic bag with elastic straps to go on my back to walk it home. You should have no trouble with this bag and the 13".

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

^^ This. I got the same thing when I purchased my 15" MBP a month ago. The box is very light and the bag they give you can either be carried normally or worn like a temporary backpack. You won't even have to use the bags on your bike.

5. Aboo macrumors 6502a

They will give you a nice Apple bag which you can use as a transport "backpack".

However, depending on how safe the city you live in is, you may not want to be peddling around with an Apple bag on your back! Perhaps you should just order it online? If you are ordering the stock configuration, Apple generally has them sitting in one of the warehouses located around the country. Even with the standard (free) shipping it should get to you within 2-3 days of ordering. Less of a hassle if you ask me!

6. $MacUser$ thread starter macrumors 6502

I would do this, but have a summer job and work five days a week. So I can't wait for it/sign for it.

That's cool about the backpack bag thingie! Nice.

7. exodyne macrumors newbie

13" MBP 2010 Box dimenstions:
    41.5cm x 27.0cm x 7.2cm / 16.5" x 10.75" x 2.75"

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

You shouldn't have any trouble carrying it on your bike. I carried mine a couple of streets from the gas station on foot :D

Be careful though, them MBPs are worth a lot. You might want to hide it inside another plastic bag or something. Don't want to get mugged and they take your MBP:(