Physically Cleaning a MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Illegit, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Illegit macrumors newbie

I have an old MBP (late 2007) that has gotten quite dirty, and I would like to thoroughly clean it. What is the best way to do it? Are there certain cleaning products that I should use? The internal speakers to the side of the keyboard has gotten various particles stuck in their grating. What is the best way to clean this area and get these particles out? Thanks a lot.

2. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

Power it on and submerge it in water for 30-40 seconds. Towel dry. Repeat as necessary.

On a more serious note, a vacuum cleaner with hose attachment should do the trick, I think.

3. HBOC macrumors 68020

i just get the cloth that the computer came with (or iPhone) wet, ring it out and wipe down my computer.

4. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Target practice using a machine gun an inch away from your computer. The air pressure from the bullets leaving the muzzle should blast all the dirt off. Just be sure not to shoot the computer.

(Actually, the vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment idea should do.)

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you're going to use compressed air, amake sure it's the version that doesn't have "goo" - stuff in it, other than air. a vacuum should clean most . Damp cloth from plain old water should do the rest.

6. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Agreed.