MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Challenging physics-based game Piloteer has been named Apple's App of the Week, and as a result, it's available to download for free for the first time since it launched in June of 2015.

In Piloteer, the goal is to navigate a jetpack-wearing inventor through three gameplay environments to complete a series of 60 missions. Piloteer's tap-based controls are easy to grasp but difficult to master, so the inventor spends a lot of time being flung around and crashing to the ground in a heap of limbs.

Blending elements of both physics and trick-based games, players will need to maneuver their state-of-the-art jetpack through the skies while completing a myriad of increasingly difficult missions to change public perceptions.

Players will find themselves immersed in a wholly integrated physics simulation, making the beautiful world around them feel dynamic, unpredictable, and alive.
Along with Career mode for completing missions, Piloteer also includes a Free Fly mode and a series of GameCenter achievements to earn.

Piloteer will be available from the App Store for free for the next week. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Physics-Based Game 'Piloteer' Named App of the Week, Available for Free

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
This is the same developer behind Pivot and Polymer BTW.

Inverting the controls made a huge difference for me. I'm already fed up after getting to the "Do a backflip and land" mission though. :mad: :oops:

Comment

Reason077

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2007
I can tell by looking at the trailer video that I will not like this game! Looks very frustrating!

(I did enjoy the previous free game of the week ... the text adventure one, "Lifeline". Good story telling)

Comment

decafjava

macrumors 68040
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I can tell by looking at the trailer video that I will not like this game! Looks very frustrating!

(I did enjoy the previous free game of the week ... the text adventure one, "Lifeline". Good story telling)
Lifeline is brilliant, I went and bought the sequel. A nice change from all the platformers/endless runners/cool graphic-battery killer/freemium garbage polluting the app store.

Reactions: thewebb
Comment

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
After about 15 minutes of randomly tapping the screen, desperately pretending that I was making some kind of progress, I deleted it. It's like Flappy Bird meets QWOP.

Comment

NY Guitarist

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2011
After about 15 minutes of randomly tapping the screen, desperately pretending that I was making some kind of progress, I deleted it. It's like Flappy Bird meets QWOP.

Exactly my take too.

This isn't for me.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.