Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hawk2Wind

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
HI i have been trying to get PIA VPN on here but have not managed to.The guy at PIA was very helpful and showed me all i had to do but still no luck.I did all this I have had it on my PC for over two years its so simple on a PC. It could be that i have have trouble with the two clicks you have to do ob a Mac.
  • Choose VPN from the Interface VPN
  • Set the VPN Type to m . L2TP over IPSec
  • Private Internet Access L2TP as the Service name . Private Internet Access L2TP
  • Click
  • Click on Authentication Settings
  • Enter your Password in the top box
  • Enter the following for Shared Secret:
  • Leave Group Name blank
  • Click OK
  • Enable the option "Show VPN status in the menu bar", then click Advanced
  • Ensure that Send all traffic over VPN is checked
  • Press OKP
  • Press ApplUse the VPN Status icon in the Menu bar to connect.
  • It keeps on saying Authentication Failure when . i know the password works on my PC
  • He says this- Additionally, if you would like to try the PIA app.
  • I say surly thats for a Phone?

diagnostics247

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012

Hawk2Wind

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Yes i understand what your saying ,I do need a paid for one but as my PIA one want work on here.I was looking at other ones either Cyber Ghost or Nord i have the free version of Cyber ghost on here i,m wondering if i get the paid for one or Nord will i be able to use them without using the Vpn Settings on here?

MarkJames68

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2017
Yes i understand what your saying ,I do need a paid for one but as my PIA one want work on here.I was looking at other ones either Cyber Ghost or Nord i have the free version of Cyber ghost on here i,m wondering if i get the paid for one or Nord will i be able to use them without using the Vpn Settings on here?
Depends. If your router supports VPN you can do it there, or use their app (I have Nord on my iPad and Mac).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.