Piano black on 256Gb only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiebug, Sep 3, 2016.

1. techiebug macrumors 6502a

I'm really interested in this new color. Rumor says it's only on "large storage" version. What do you think? Since it's the first time Apple introduce a 256gb version, it makes sense they make piano black exclusive for this version so more people will buy it. That'd be too bad since I only plan to get the 128gb. 256gb would be way overkill especially next year I'll upgrade again for a redesign. :(

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps, or perhaps not. We'll find out in a few days.

3. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I think if people upgrade every year, then money is already not a concern. Apple knows that, and so they are not shy of an upsell.

4. Chronus macrumors regular

I really can't see it. It may perhaps be the Plus models only but it makes no sense and apple have never made colour an exclusive to a particular GB size.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Rumour is due to such shortage in available models for this colour is why in the short term it may only be on 256GB

not an issue i would just get the glossy black 128GB

I have about 50GB left so for me 256GB might be overkill. Depends on price

6. Chronus macrumors regular

I would imagine the 256GB models will be more in short supply due to the size and not the colour.

They will have been making these devices for weeks of not months, they are going to make less of the 256GB as they will be out of price range or the majority will not pay for 256GB, 128GB will be the most popular. I'll take a piano black in 128 please.

7. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Me too

8. Dave245, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016

Dave245 macrumors 601

This was said last year about the Rose Gold colour option and again a couple of years before that with the Gold colour option (on the iPhone 5s) so I wouldn't believe it 100% until Apple actually stand up on stage and say so. Personally I really like the thought of a "Piano Black" iPhone 7, the only thing that might be off putting is if it scratches easily! Also think about the amount of people Apple would be locking them out, if they reserved the "Piano Black" for the 256GB option, 256GB is a lot of storage, the general user probably won't buy that, especially if it's at a premium price.

9. iRamza macrumors newbie

Why are people calling it "Piano Black"? I mean, isn't it Space Black? that same glossy black colour on the Apple Watch.

10. Dave245 macrumors 601

Because that's the name it's being called according to leaks, Ming-Chi-Kow has said this in the latest report.

Apparently there will be 2 black colours, one will be a Matt black the other a "piano black" colour, it's probably called this because it it's a glossy colour and to avoid confusion with the other Matt black version they will be offering.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/9to5...ras-piano-black-color-more/amp/?client=safari