Piano Teaching Software for Children

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ibrin, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Ibrin macrumors newbie

My brother-in-law is giving us the old Mac Mini he doesn't use anymore (I think it's a PPC). My 4 year old daughter is getting interested in playing the piano. I purchased the M-Audio KeyStudio 49 during the Apple.com Black Friday Sale. I can have her play around in Garage Band, but I'd like to find some educational/teaching software.

Anyone have any suggestions. I'm preferring something with a game involved, to motivate the teaching. I found http://www.pianowizard.com/, but it looks like Guitar Hero for piano, and I think that may be a bit much for a 4 year old.

Any suggestions?

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

3. ricsdix macrumors newbie

It looks like a better teaching software for our children.... How is it guys??

4. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

The new Garageband in iLife 09 has a "Learn to Play" function with video tutorials. You may need to help her with it. If you don't play, maybe you can learn together.

5. Sir Loin Steak macrumors 6502

Sir Loin Steak

Very interested in this for our 4 y/o. Am I right in thinking that you can buy a musical keyboard that plugs in via usb to the mac?

Thanks.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You are indeed correct.
    :)

7. Sir Loin Steak macrumors 6502

Sir Loin Steak

Wow! Where do I even start?

I searched for m-Audio and found the uk site. Will the best advice be to start looking on their site?

Anyone else new to mac and garage-band and piano/keyboard playing gone down this route?