Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Take it to the apple store and they'll replace it for free since there's no body damage.

Beachguy

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2011
Florida, USA
I dropped my iPad 2 a week or so ago, and the video went nuts. I was going to go to the Apple store the next day, but my wife knocked it off the same table, same spot, accidentally also. The video came back to absolutely normal.

Yes, it could easily be something simple and unrelated to the bump.

Vertigo1

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2013
The whole truth: You slipped and fell on the bag. You got to work. You turned on your rMini. It looked like this. You looked for damage. There is none.

The truth: You got to work. You turned on your rMini. It looked like this. You looked for damage. There is none.

You have technically still told the truth...but I know how you feel. But if Applecare said to, I wouldn't think twice.

Good luck!

Sophistry. A lie of omission is still a lie.

Not saying I wouldn't do the same mind, just don't try to make out it isn't lying when it clearly is. Just be comfortable with that fact :)

jogales

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
In the process of getting it swapped out at the Apple store. I told the genius what happened, showed him where it was in my bag and he said' "No worries man, we'll get it swapped out." Apple knows how to keep customers loyal :)

g.t. rags

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
Long Island
i really think it all comes down to who you talk to at the apple store, and how you talk to them.

i had a major issue with my 5 a few months back, i wasn't receiving text msg and phone calls, and then all of a sudden i would be bombarded with them.... ten i had issues sending pictures to anyone through texting, but imsg worked fine. it got to the point where i would hold my 5 next to my moms 4, call both phones with the house line, and only the 4 would ring.

brought it to the apple store, guy was mad chill, told him pretty much word for what had happened, hooked it up to his iPad and 30 seconds later told me he was going to take it back and give me a refurb....

2 weeks later my friend was having the same issue, went to a dif apple store, explained what was going on, and we were told to do a clean reinstall of the software and the problem would go away..... nope. went back to same store 2 days later, and phone was replaced, the only difference this time, was i did all the talking. (i feel my friend can be a bit... well she can be a bitch, and i think this heavily weighed in on the eagerness to receive help from the genius the first time around for her....)

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
In the process of getting it swapped out at the Apple store. I told the genius what happened, showed him where it was in my bag and he said' "No worries man, we'll get it swapped out." Apple knows how to keep customers loyal :)

Indeed they do. I am glad they took care of you.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012

Esp. customers who can't keep details to themselves? Next time just say you threw it on the concrete, jumped on it and started beating your chest :rolleyes::eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.