Pic recovery thru Time Machine

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 01ds650, Jun 8, 2014.

1. 01ds650 macrumors member

Hi All,

I guess I still don't totally understand how my Mac works so I'm here for some help.

I take pictures for my sons sports team. I admittedly take a few more of my son than I do of the other kids. When I went to finalize a DVD for someone I deleted my sons extra pics from the file to burn to DVD. I was thinking they would still be in the other game files by date that I combined them from. But they weren't! Deleting them from the final folder for DVD deleted them also from the game by game folders they are also stored in. They weren't in the trash.

I have the Time Machine backup from the last time they were in place. I tried to restore them but it didn't work.

I think I'm not doing it right to restore them and just them (or their entire game folder even) from Time Machine. Can anyone advise me how to do it correctly?

Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Open Finder and navigate to inside the folder where the photos were. Now click the Time Machine icon in the menu bar then click Enter Time Machine. That will bring up the Time Machine restore star field interface. Now scroll along the right side through the dates to get back to a backup that has the photos and click that. Once the screen refreshes your photos should be there now in Finder. Command-click the files you want to restore then click the restore button on the bottom right.

That should but the photos back.

3. 01ds650 thread starter macrumors member