Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m021478

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Does anyone know how I can batch upload an entire folder structure of images to Picasa web albums and have each folder appear in Picasa as it's own gallery of images?

I have hundreds of folders that I would like to add to Picasa web albums, but I really don't want to have to do this manually, folder by folder.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Hmmm interesting question. I don't think you can upload multiple albums or folders at one time (directly from Picasa.) Even nested folders, I don't think it will do this. There may be some third-party Picasa web album uploaders you can use to do this, but I've never tried it.

I know you can upload entire folders at once, and it will by default name the new 'album' the same name as the folder, unless you create an new album name each time.

I know it's more "hands on" to be limited to one folder at a time, but you could have tons of images in a single folder, so that would take a little time, so you could click "upload" and be doing other stuff in the meantime.

I wonder if anyone else who uses Picasaweb has some better news?

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
I've use Picasa web albums 2 years now, first via iPhoto and recently with Aperture.

As stated, the plug-in(s) for iPhoto/Aperture>Picasa web upload don't currently allow what the OP is looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.