Pick up in store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AshScache, Mar 9, 2012.

1. AshScache macrumors newbie

When will the "New" ipad be available to order for pickup in stores? Anyone know?

2. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

3. AshScache thread starter macrumors newbie

wasnt sure if you could pre-order to the store. guess not.

4. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

5. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

Chatted with an Apple person on apple.com. By paying ahead of time, I was told I could pick up my device on that date since I would be busy most of the day.

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Apple is advertising that they will be available to walk-ins at their stores on March 16, which means each store had a certain number of preorder devices allocated, and then some extras. If it's like how it was last time I did the pre-order online, pickup in store thing, in the morning there will be two lines - preorders get in first, then walk-ins. But preorders should be able to pick theirs up any time that day, second day it goes up for grabs.

7. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Pre-orders were allowing Store Pickup as an option, but I believe they have stopped this now. Must have sold out of the in-store stock they allotted for store pickups.

8. mac jones macrumors 68040

Perhaps one good thing about in-store pickup is that maybe you don't get a shipping notice and then watch it obsessively like a maniac. :)