Pick your plan and data woes...please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by touchmanic, Apr 8, 2008.

1. touchmanic macrumors member

HEY GUYS,

Well i plumped for the iphone and love it. I've unlocked and jailbroken and been using it with my gophone sim for the past week. However, I've just phoned up at and t and changed to the pick your plan scheme and gone for 19;99 data.

Well, all is well except the EDGE logo has gone from the top left corner of the screen and i can't access the net. Can anybody tell me whether the data settings are different on pick your plan? If so, pelase can someone help me get some data usage out of my new baby!

Thanks,

TM

2. sdd4 macrumors member

I did this as well and had a huuuuuuuuuge runaround to deal with. AT&T customer service was absolutely useless, and everyone I talked to absolutely maintained that it wasn't even possible to have an iPhone on the Pick Your Plan option.
    I'm assuming that when you started the new PYP, that they gave you a new SIM card. After that, all I had to do was hook it up to my computer and go through a secondary activation through Apple. The only deal was that I had to restart my phone in order for the phone to actually recognize the new SIM, which nobody at AT&T knew, and I hadnt thought to consider. This may not be your problem at all, but I guess that's all I can suggest...
    Good luck.