Picked up 2.0ghz i7 Air in store

joudbren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Local Apple store had them in stock. 2.0ghz i7 and it turbos to 3.2ghz, 8GB ram, 256GB SSD and 11" screen. It's a rocket! Just benched the SSD drive with Black Magic drive speed test and averaging 410MB/s on writes and 450MB/s on reads. OMG! :eek::D

The Samsung SSD in my 2011 Air from last year benched around 200MB/s or so and I thought that one was fast. Wow.

Anyhoo, just letting folks know that some stores for sure are not just stocking the base models but a mix of some of the upper end models as well. Might be worth a phone call if you want one now. Cheers!

James

mikethebigo

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2009
Local Apple store had them in stock. 2.0ghz i7 and it turbos to 3.2ghz, 8GB ram, 256GB SSD and 11" screen. It's a rocket! Just benched the SSD drive with Black Magic drive speed test and averaging 410MB/s on writes and 450MB/s on reads. OMG! :eek::D

The Samsung SSD in my 2011 Air from last year benched around 200MB/s or so and I thought that one was fast. Wow.

Anyhoo, just letting folks know that some stores for sure are not just stocking the base models but a mix of some of the upper end models as well. Might be worth a phone call if you want one now. Cheers!

James
That's the "ultimate" configuration of the 11". The store will also have the "ultimate" version of the 13" with a 512 SSD, 8 gb RAM, and 2.0 ghz i7.

dgdosen

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle

James
That's what I ordered (after changing my mind about a refurb) Seems to me to be a pretty awesome desktop replacement.

joudbren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
That's the "ultimate" configuration of the 11". The store will also have the "ultimate" version of the 13" with a 512 SSD, 8 gb RAM, and 2.0 ghz i7.
Not quite ultimate, you can also order the 11" with a 512GB SSD as well. I got the 256GB version. Cheers!

J.

----------

That's what I ordered (after changing my mind about a refurb) Seems to me to be a pretty awesome desktop replacement.
This thing is just stupid fast so far. I think you'll be very impressed! And with USB 3.0 you can attach all the high speed external storage you want so an easy desktop replacement.

The benchmarks I got on the SSD lead me to believe that the SSD might be a 6G interface so I'm curious to find that out. I know the 2011 version last year had a 6G interface on the board but the SSD itself was only 3G I believe.

J.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
Nice ssd speeds there. I'm just waiting on the battery/heat benchmarks comparison between i7 and i5, and also vs last year's i7, i5. Very important to me.