Picked up a gold 128 6+ today, randomly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lavrishevo, Sep 28, 2014.

1. lavrishevo, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I was at Best Buy actually about to preorder the Note 4. Sitting in the wireless depart, someone else asked about any 6's in stock. Guy said only a few sprint phones and this Verizon unlocked model. I'm AT&T and nobody else said anything so I could not help myself. I mean what are the odds. I purchased it outright. I still really like the Note 4 but it's nice to have the 6 plus. The rep gave me a Verizon and a new AT&T SIM card and I left. I updated to 8.02 and it updated carrier settings for me automatically. Switching the IMEI online and I was fine. Super easy experience. The gold 6 plus is a very nice phone. Had to put it into a case immediately. So paranoid to drop or bend the thing...

2. Mitch Rapp macrumors member

AWESOME! I just exchanged my 6 for the plus. Love the phone but same as you - paranoid about dropping it. I picked up the Platinum case at. Best Buy. Ok case, looking for something with more protection though. What case are you using?

3. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I was looking at the same case. I picked the even bigger ballistic tungsten tough. It's not the best looking case but I like the protection. With my line if work I need a more rugged case. It's also why I have never damaged any of my smartphones. I'm looking on Amazon for some other case options.

4. 997.2 macrumors regular

I'm confused. You completely changed your mind? okay then

5. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Is it true, that full price phones from best buy are $50 more?

6. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

i would like to know this as well as im planning to picking up a Plus tomorrow morning from there

7. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

I happened to pick one up too! Crazy. I didn't expect them to have one but the Apple Store I went to had the very last one in stock. I had a reservation for a 128 regular 6 and was considering exchanging the 16GB 6+ I originally had cause I needed more storage. What a day! I absolutely love the 6+ and wasn't feeling great at all about possibly going to a smaller screen. Got so used to a 6+ since launch day that every other iPhone out there seems so small!

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Congratulations, you got lucky, they are in short supply.

9. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I went into best buy and they said they won't sell without tying it to an account. I figure they are full of crap and trying to get activation bonuses from Verizon. Good that you had a more honest rep.

10. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

which Best Buy did you go to? Noticed youre in Chicago, me too.

11. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

All the Asian scalpers in the store were like ooooh a Plus! They thought the store had none. I think this particular Apple Store (maybe others too) told them they're out of stock cause they know why these people come to buy the phones and maybe the store is looking out for the real consumer. It started a little mini-riot of scalpers who got wind of the exchange I was making and we're asking if there were more Pluses lol

12. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I went to Golf Mill Best Buy and they tried hard to convince me that somehow they don't make money if they sell full price off contract units. Then they tried to backtrack and say Verizon won't let them because then Verizon loses somehow. None of their bs made any logical sense or stood up to my counter arguments but it was clear they weren't letting these units go.

I was thinking of calling corporate to see if they'll overrule (I've seen this happen when I worked there) but I decided to spare my energy and just wait a while longer. I'm enjoying the iPhone 6 in the mean time and keeping busy with my business. :)