Picked Up A Green Bumper Today - Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blkonblk17, Jul 7, 2010.

1. blkonblk17 macrumors 6502

Went to my local apple store today and picked up a green bumper. I also have the black bumper which I purchased on launch day.However, I wanted to switch it up this time and go wild. Hence, GREEN!! :D

*Note - This thing is BRIGHT! lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

3. coneman5259 macrumors member

coneman5259

i think it will look a little less construction worker vest-y on the fabled white iP4

4. fender57 macrumors 6502

Nice pics, I had a black bumper initially (still have it, black on black looks classy and stealth-like), but I wandered into the Apple Store yesterday and saw they had green ones so I bought one and I like it a lot.

5. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

I think the green looks the best because its the main color of my football club.

6. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I did exactly the same thing lol

7. blkonblk17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone else's colored bumper feel plastic around the borders? For instance, I had the black bumper and around the edges / the part of the case that touches the counter or table when placed on a flat surface it felt rubbery and provided grip. However, In my green on it feel "plasticy" <-- not a word lol and instead of providing grip it feels smooth. Wondering if any of you with colored cases can chime in..

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yep, the plastic edges (if you want to call it that) are a different material from the black. Either that or the color treatment makes the material feel different. There have been other threads about this as well. I actually like the rubber on the colored bumper over the black. I just wish the fit were as nice as the black one :(

9. truciet macrumors 6502

Yeah it's been known now.

Black - rubbery grip feel

ALL colors - smooth plastic feel

Both are rubber still because you can tell when you put on the case. However, the colors seem to be "stiff'er"

Personally I like it better since the black always collected lint bad and I like the smoothness since I can slip it in/out of my pocket quickly.

I'm always careful so some people might like the rubber grip feel to be more secure.

10. emkwan macrumors regular

emkwan

That looks absolutely delicious. Wow love the lime green on black and it's my blog and YouTube brand colors. Nice. I really want to get a lime green one. Where r u based? Because i'v been to my local apple store in Leicester - UK and they only have black bumpers. :-(

11. dgstan macrumors 6502a

So, would it be safe to say that the colored bumpers would slide in and out of your pocket easier than the black "rubbery" ones?

I think the green looks hot.

12. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I could be wrong, but I think I saw somewhere in this forum that the white bumper had the same rubbery feel as the black...

13. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Sadly, it doesn't. I really like the grippy feel of the black. It adds the extra hold that I want without making it hard to slide in/out of my pocket.

Currently, I have the white on my phone, but I don't like the feel of it nearly as much.

14. Colella16 macrumors newbie

Is that a ZAGG you have on there? Looks nice, my IS looks awful after having it for a week or so, wrinkles and some peeling around the edges.

15. bobright macrumors 601

I'm sorry but man that looks terrible. You get a pass if you're a female.

16. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Perhaps the difference in feel is why we're seeing mostly black in stores? Maybe the colored ones are harder to make?

Only thing I can think of. Sick of all the stores only having black. I'm looking for orange and white.