Picked up a new dented 15" MBP yesterday

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by js09, Nov 5, 2013.

1. js09 macrumors member

Dent is on underside. I thought about keeping it, but the dent is rather apparent and about an inch wide. To me, it appears it could be the equivalent of hitting it against a desk corner, or dropping it ~2ft onto an object on the floor. Anyway.. anything I should be concerned about when exchanging? Do I just wait a week or so for them to prepare a new one, then walk in and exchange on the spot? Thanks :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd exchange it. If you have to get warranty work down the road and they see the dent they may void your warranty stating you dropped it.

That is the longer you wait the harder it will be for you to convince them it came that way.

3. js09 thread starter macrumors member

yeah, good point. I'll be calling them this morning.

4. jdaniel macrumors 65816

if u picked it up u should go back to the store ASAP... that's my advice.

5. double329 macrumors 6502

My new rMBP has a dent at the back cover. It can only be seen at the angle or feel it by hand. I brought it back to the Apple store few days later per recommendation from folks in the forum. Apple just gave me a new one without any issue. They also apologized for the inconvenience. They also recommended me to open it up at the store and inspect the new one to ensure I am happy. I did and I was happy :D

You might want to exchange yours.

6. js09 thread starter macrumors member

Taking mine into the store tonight to exchange :)

7. jbreiner macrumors newbie

jbreiner

Like have a ding in the drivers door on your brand new car. It's the first thing you'll see every time you go near it. If it came that way it was "not new". Insist on a "new" one if you can.