Picked up an 8GB Touch tonight - Its Perfect!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zepharus, Sep 17, 2007.

1. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I picked up an 8 GB iPod Touch from the apple store in Syracuse,NY. I originally went in @10am and they were out. Genius stated that they ran out an hour after they got them in last Friday, and noted this was the initial shipment sent to all apple locations.

On a whim I decided to call the Rochester location about an hour away. They state that they had just gotten in some 8GBs today. I then proceeded to call back the Syracuse store and low and behold they got them in also.

This appears to be the second wave shipment. The touch I got is free of any black issues...connection issues. slowness or imperfections in anyway. In fact the build quality is superb. the freaking protective plastic lacked even a single bubble!! LOL.

So there is hope for another wave. Oh any anyone know whats up with the dock? Dude said they were waiting for the "new" ones and were sold out of the old...

2. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Are you sure? Try putting a video with dark scenes on the ipod and which it in the dark.

I'm not convinced that there are some with absolutely no problems. I think even the supposedly good ones have the issue to some degree.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Mine doesn't have any issues. And most my movies are dark movies - thanks David Fincher! ;)

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Week 37 (thanks to Spaz for letting me know how to find that.) :p

I got it on Saturday.

7. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

how do I check the week? By the way I'm posting on the touch from my lazy boy :)

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Well to quote Spaz, its the 4th and 5th digit in your serial number.

9. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Good to hear, have you compared it to an iphone though?

10. caMi macrumors regular

11. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Yeah, my former roommate had an iPhone and its pretty similar. Of course I'm comparing it by memory of his, but I don't notice any discrepancies to that memory.

12. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

ok ...drum roll.......its a week 37

And it does look a little dark when viewed in the dark I think it is the viewing angle. When I turn it slightly it looks fine

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's exactly what everyone is talking about. It's not perfect. If you have to turn it to get a good picture, then it's not working correctly. You shouldn't have to mess with the angle to get a clear picture. I wonder if a lot of people who are saying their screens are perfect just do not know any better and think it qualifies as normal.

14. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

GO CUSE!! (we suck at football)

15. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Upon further review this thing is perfect. If I hold the screen like I would normally view it it definately looks good and clearly NO blac negative thing at all.

Again Week 37 here and it is perfection.

16. colto macrumors regular

I said the same thing whenever I got mine. Then I turned up the brightness, watched a dark scene, and looked at the video straight on. Lo and behold it was there, not that bad, but still there. I have a feeling they are all inherently defective to a degree just some people won't notice do to video content, brightness, it not being that big of a deal to notice, etc.