Picked up from Best Buy and cancelled Apple online.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Byrd12, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Byrd12 macrumors newbie

Today thanks to the inventory tracker i got my black 64 ATT from best buy. And cancelled my Apple online order. So thank you Mr.Inventory tracker for posting the links. :D:D:D

2. igluck macrumors newbie

I did the same yesterday. Got a 16GB Black wi-fi at the Best Buy in Rockville, MD. Canceled my Apple order in the store on my iPhone.

The tracker information works great.

3. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

I did the same yesterday as well, thanks to the inventory tracker. Found one sitting on a shelf just a mile or two from me. Just cancelled my online order.

4. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

is best buy getting a lot in stock now ? every one is reporting to get one from best buy !

5. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

Not mine. Still waiting on my reserved unit (64GB black, wifi) from March 11th. :(

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I hate you OP.
    ;)

Just kidding of course--I'm jealous.

7. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

What is up with people finding them at best buy?

Mine showed a model in store but said only reserves would be available.

I must not be lucky I guess.

8. KTS1010 macrumors newbie

I also picked one up last night thanks to the inventory tracker. Concord, NC best buy had 4 16GB black wifi's in stock.

9. handsome pete macrumors 68000

Seems my area Best Buys have some as well, but sadly can't go this route since I'm using an Apple Store gift card.

10. treebark7182 macrumors member

Me too. Same exact model same reserve date

11. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Can someone please link me to the BB inventory tracker ? Don't wanna wait 4 weeks, per Apple.com :(

Thanks!!

12. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I picked up my Best Buy reserve yesterday at lunch. Last night, I went online to cancel my apple.com order, and its status had changed to "Prepared for Shipment": earlier that morning the status still showed "Not Yet Shipped" and an expected ship date of 4/1. I called Apple this morning, and "as a one time courtesy", they're sending me prepaid return shipping labels because they can't cancel the order.

13. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

Consider selling it to a macrumors member for cost of shipping.

14. rtztgue macrumors regular

I went into a local BB this AM because the tracker said they had the model I wanted.... but it was for a reserved customer, and my reserve was with another BB that has not come in yet. The employee told me they dont have a way to override that tracker to let people know they are in the store but not available for sale. I just called another BB that got them within the last hour. They have extra 3g in at&t and verizon, but no wi-fi left except the reserves.

Tacoma BB has the extras.

15. Bartman01 macrumors regular

Hit or miss depending on store and reservations. If they have them, they show as 'in stock' - but if they are all spoken for already then none are really available.

16. sblanford macrumors member

I did the same today as well. Found the North Scottsdale Best Buy had stock of 64GB At&t using the inventory tracker. Drove over to the store and picked one up. It looked like they had 20 - 25 additional models for sale as well.

17. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

3 different Best Buys all had inventory today. One had the 64GB ATT 3G Black and 16GB Wifi White models. The other had about 6 of the 32GB ATT 3G Black models and the third store had the same. None had the 64GB Wifi Black that I'm looking for.

I did drop by the Apple store this morning to return something, and there was the familiar line of scalpers waiting to suck the Apple store dry of its iPad inventory in about a 30 minute period. I know they had to be all scalpers as every model of the iPad was gone. Usually, there is something left in the higher price points if its just the end users purchasing.

18. yoshjosh macrumors newbie

3 different Best Buys in Los Angeles had inventory: looked like 16 and 32 Black Wifi and AT&T models. Picked one up and cancelled online order.

19. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

What color and configuration did you order ? Would you consider selling it ?... I live close to Central Market :)

PM or email me at : golmaal@gmail.com if you're willing to sell locally... Thanks :apple:

20. redman042 macrumors 68020

Same here. I had an order in with Apple, plus put one in a few days later at B&H thinking they would ship in a few days, and then just two days ago found one in stock at my local Best Buy (Folsom, CA). I raced down there and they had only one iPad 2 of any kind left in stock, and it so happened it was the exact one I wanted (32GB AT&T 3G Black). What luck! There was no mention of having to hold it for a customer on the waiting list - he just rang it up for me right there.

I feel extremely lucky to have snagged one, especially an AT&T model which is rather hard to find right now.

21. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

I've only seen a couple (very hit & miss) around here (OC) that list inventory. When I call, they say that they're sold out. I don't know if that means they physically don't have any more units in their store or they mean they have units, but they're all spoken for.

One BB I stopped in said they get "a few" units in their shipments, but their waiting list is around 90 people, so any units that come in are all spoken for.

Which BB in LA?