picked up iphone on craigslist

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rainsk8ter, Mar 25, 2008.

1. rainsk8ter macrumors newbie

Hey all-

I picked up a iphone for cheap on craigslist since it had a cracked corner.

I have been reading about iphones and the forums and it looks like it has been jailbroken and unlocked (v1.1.4). I also do not have a data plan yet so I have not attached my SIM card to the device. I kinda want to make sure I can get the physical crack fixed before I activate my account and buy the data plan (AT&T).

So here are my questions, feel free to let me know what you would do.

#1.) What should I do about the cracked corner? Can I take it to a Apple store to take a look (he said it might be still under warranty)

#2.) I am also worried that I bought the iphone on craigslist on ebay that it might be stolen. Is this something i should be worried about?

#3.) Can you have the genius bar take a look at your iphone without a proper iphone data plan?

#4.) Is it possible to revert the 'hacks' for the iphone for the genius bar to take a look at it?

#5.) Is there a way to delete all the custom applications that were installed before I got the unit. I tried delete all settings but the apps still remain.

Thanks

2. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Warranty doesnt cover cosmetic/accidental damages. So, the only thing you should care is if its stolen.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

#3.) Can you have the genius bar take a look at your iphone without a proper iphone data plan?
    no, you need an official iphone contract to get service/warranty

#4.) Is it possible to revert the 'hacks' for the iphone for the genius bar to take a look at it?
    see above

#5.) Is there a way to delete all the custom applications that were installed before I got the unit. I tried delete all settings but the apps still remain.
    restore from in itunes

4. zilog macrumors newbie

pre-paid plan

I believe you could try to do a "prepaid plan" and then take your phone to the store. I am not sure how exactly you change your current ATT plan to the prepaid plan. Any one else know?