iPad Picked up the new iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TC400, Nov 10, 2013.

1. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I upgraded from the iPad 2 to the new air. Wow what an upgrade. At first I didn't think it was worth the upgrade but it def was!

It's super light and quick. I traded my iPad 2 in at best buy and I had gift cards after everything with the smart cover it was $320

Attached Files:

2. Aneres11 macrumors 6502a

It's a fantastic device! Enjoy it! :D I'm loving mine!

3. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Your Air looks very cool, clean whites, no yellow at all, can I swap with you:D

Sweet, you did great!

4. TC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TC400

It sure is. People have been complaining about how the display feels. I think it feels just fine.

----------

Thank you! I haven't noticed any issues as of yet. But I haven't really looked.

5. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Nice. I went with the black. I upgraded from a mini. Had a 2 before that.

6. TC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TC400

Black looks good. But I love white! Everything I own is in white! From my cars to my phone lol.

7. JGWolven macrumors regular

It's a wonderful device. Grants on your purchase! How much storage did you get?

8. cababah macrumors 68000

Excellent color choices. I also have the white w/ product red Smart Cover.

9. PhillyAnt macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

I got the black because they were sold out of the white. Black looks sweet but I think I want my white back. The black just shows off too many smudges. Might have to go exchange it. Congrats on your upgrade!

10. Stack Overflow macrumors member

Cool, it's so light, it even defies gravity! :cool:

(That, or you're in Australia)

11. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

12. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

The speed of this iPad Air really impressed me coming from the iPad2. I'm glad I held out. It was hard to wait, but the iPad Air is really a quantum leap for me over the iPad2. Also, the added storage was a plus. Of course the display is also fabulous when compared to the iPad2. Man, if they get Retina on an Macbook Air with cellular I'll be all over that! In the meantime I'm looking hard at the Logitech Fabric Keyboard.

13. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Im also an iPad 2 ex-user and yeah - this is quite an upgrade in every area. That doesnt mean I still dont love and appreciate what my baby did for me. The 2 was an immensely awesome product but it was time. My youngest daughter has my 2 now so its still in the family ;)

14. tomms11 macrumors newbie

@ TC400: Where did you buy the stand for your iPad Air? I want to buy one! Thanks in advance.

15. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Also upgraded from an iPad 2 (which I loved and still own) and the difference with the Air is night and day in every aspect. It is just a killer machine. Lighter, thiner, smaller, faster and just a more modern looking design. Couldn't be happier.

16. TC400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TC400

16gb.

----------

It was a cheap little dock I picked up at Gabirel Brothers. When I get home I'll see if I can get some more info for you. It fits in there nice and snug!

----------

I agree! While this iPad doesn't have everything I wanted ( touch ID and a gold option ) I am still very happy. I am sad to see my iPad 2 go. But I couldn't part with it. But when I heard about the promotion I figured might as well. They gave me what the site quoted. Mine was in immaculate condition. To be quite honest I hardly used it. But I enjoyed it very much. But the difference is night and day as you stated. So much lighter, faster and thinner. I love the thinner bezel makes it much easier to type now.

----------

Black is nice. But it's all to common. White is very nice and just looks better.

And thank you!

----------

I think we can all agree that the iPad 3/4 were not just not upgrade worthy if you were coming from the iPad 2. It seems a lot of people held on to their iPad 2 and for good reasons. Still runs the latest iOS and hell Apple still sells them!

Sadly I couldn't keep mine in the family. If it wasn't for the trade in and the gift cards that I had I personally still would have my iPad 2.

17. yinz macrumors 6502a

The white plastic on the back of the cellular model bothers me. That's why I'd choose grey. Although, what I really want is slated.