Picked up this poor baby off craigslist!

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This guy picked it up by the display twice and it came out. So I got a 15 inch 2009 MBP C2D 4gb of RAM 500GB Hdd for $175 included w/ charger and monitor which is not pictured. speakers work, wifi works, backlight keyboard works. I'm going to restore it which is my next project.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
lol....quite a project there.

i just picked up a well abused 13" , had to replace bottom plate , fan and connector assembly, wireless does not work (looks like a cable was plugged in wrong and fried something on logic board) so i have to use usb wireless card.

great machine for doing computer repairs though.

hope you get it fixed up.

Comment

diggy33

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
I might have a screen at work in my parts bin for that machine

Comment

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
lol....quite a project there.

i just picked up a well abused 13" , had to replace bottom plate , fan and connector assembly, wireless does not work (looks like a cable was plugged in wrong and fried something on logic board) so i have to use usb wireless card.

great machine for doing computer repairs though.

hope you get it fixed up.
Well I may get a new display who knows yet. I may let someone try it for a while to see if they like the Mac OS.

Comment

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Bluetooth is giving me some issues but I am working on that. I have restored it. The superdrive was not working. I hit it with some compressed and it is working now. So far so good. This machine has a lot of like in it. 411 cycles on the battery.

Comment

TC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I'm still having bluetooth issues even after I restored it an deleted the .com.bluetooth file I was reading about any ideas anyone? I'm thinking the bluetooth card is bad. Not that its a big deal but other than that and the display those are the only flaws.

Comment

TheSpeed

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2013
I'm still having bluetooth issues even after I restored it an deleted the .com.bluetooth file I was reading about any ideas anyone? I'm thinking the bluetooth card is bad. Not that its a big deal but other than that and the display those are the only flaws.
Buy a small bluetooth belkin usb dongle. Works natively in my mackintosh and supports everything. Tiny size, barely fits over a usb port.

Comment