picking a notification sound?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heycal, Jan 24, 2016.

1. heycal macrumors 6502a

I'm using a new app on my iphone 6, a travel app called "Hopper". It sends me alerts at various times, and the sound that I hear is identical to my text sound, the one known as "chord". I'd like to give my Hopper app a different sound to distinguish it from incoming texts, but can see no way to do it.

I've looked at notifications, sounds, and the app itself. But see no way to assign a different sound to this App. Presumably one has the ability to do this, even on an iphone. But how?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not stock. Developers choose the sounds their apps make and unless they provide a switch for you inside the app there is no way to access the app to change things.

What you want to to is attainable however if you jailbreak. There's a tweak for that.

3. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your reply. Would this mean the only way to distinguish it from my text sound would be to change the text sound, or would the app sound change along with it?

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Changing the text sound will not change the app along with it. I've had a few apps when giving a notification give me the normal text tone still while I have a custom one for text. I think apps just hard code the specific sound to play and not a "play whatever sound that is set for texts".

Also Chord sound is the default for Reminder Alerts. I believe Texts are Tri-Tone by default.