Picking Mine Up Tonight & a Few Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Animalmuppet, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Animalmuppet macrumors newbie

New to the Forum, but long time Mac User....

I just got my Best Buy confirmation & will be picking it up (8GB) later tonight. I'll obviously be antsy to play it, so was curious if anyone could clarify a few things for me.

1) Does the iPod Touch come with some sort of protective cover like the iPod with video did? I had to replace that at some point, but it was nice until I was able to buy a proper screen protector.

2) Will I need to re-encode video for the touch that I had encoded (handbrake) for my old iPod? Would it be advantageous to do so?

3) What would be the best way to charge it if I'm away from my computer? Would I be able to charge it via USB2 on a friends laptop even it's a PC?

4) I have a handy AA Battery travel charger for my old iPod... Will that still work with the touch?

I'm hoping that this will be a viable alternative for checking Email and surfing a bit when I'm out of town. The timing is perfect as I'm away on business for a week the end of the month. Until recently had an iBook, but gave it to my Ma as I really only used it 2-3 times a year.

Any help appreciated!