Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I'm thinking of picking up a new pair of headphones in the $100 range.

I'm considering three products primarily, through my research.

- Klipsch Image S4i
Apparently fantastic sound and clarability with great ergonomics and price. I've read many reviews that say they're the best in the price range.

- Shure SE115
Heard a lot of good about these too, and Shures seem highly regarded in themselves. Don't like the lack of controls.

- Apple-in Ears
Made by Apple so they at least get a mention. Good reviews overall too.

Opinions?

danielcox

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
in ears I assume. Try head-fi, they'll help out more.
Not Apple buds, ever, they suck balls.

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
Depends on want you want.

I personally find the Klipsch too bass heavy and 'muddy'. I have not tried the shures, but LOVE my etymotic HF2 (HF3 is on the way also) - they are a little more expensive but not much.

Finally, the apple-in-ears I have found to be surprisingly good. They are not true canal phones, but not bad for around town use.

I also suggest checking out head-fi, or just trying a few out if you can - personal preference can vary a lot.

Edit: Ok i guess the HF2's are quite a bit above your range - sorry!

kuruption

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2008
i used to have a pair of shure heaphones a while ago, and the sound quality was really good, but the design was to have the wire curl round your ear, and after time the wire frayed on both ears. so bear that in mind if the design of those ones is similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.