Picking up a iPhone 4 on Launch day at ATT that was pre-ordered at ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by catfish743, Jun 19, 2010.

1. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

So, I pre-ordered a phone in store. My order status says In Progress with no backorder and to my knowledge it has never said back order.

My question is: what do I do on launch day/day before. Do I need to camp or should I just arrive an hour or two early just in case? I don't live in the largest of towns (Lexington) and we have a few ATT stores so I'm not sure what to do or how they will know I preordered. Will ATT send out some sort of information closer to launch.

I searched and really couldn't find this anywhere else. My question may not be able to be answered but any help would be appreciated.

2. senorhappy macrumors member

When I ordered my 3 iP4s in the ATT store on the 15th, they took my phone number and email address to contact me when the phones come in, sometime in the afternoon (manager stated their direct fulfillment deliveries don't happen until after noon). But I don't trust them any further than i can throw them, so i'll probably go by around 9ish or so to see what the status is. Sure as heck am not gonna fight the p*ssed-off crowds that will be there in the morning only to find out that they are extremely SOL (still having nightmare-ish flashbacks to the hellacious 3G launch day in 2008...ughhhhhh!!!!!).

But, since I told the manager I was interested in the white iP4, he told me they would have them in (total BS) on launch day on first-come first-serve basis, and for me to camp out the night before and I could exchange my black ones for white ones. But I don't see that happening, so I'll do as i stated above.

Im hoping for a early morning delivery!

3. mickeyp49 macrumors member

I was told by an ATT store rep that he/she would give you a call when your iPhone 4 has arrived so you can come pick it up.

4. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

This is what I was told also. I just checked my bank account and the whole amount has been charged and is no longer pending. I can't check order status on the website so I guess I'll have to wait until next Thursday to see if I get one.