Picking up from UPS Customer Center

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doverlock, Sep 25, 2014.

1. doverlock macrumors regular

doverlock

Did they make sure the name on your ID matched the package?

Package is in my dad's name (AT&T Account Holder), he conveniently lives back in Alabama. My Texas ID and US Passport matches the address of the package, would that be enough to pick it up?

2. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Hmmm... I suspect you will have a difficult time. Call ups first. Good luck. Might as well have it delivered.

3. doverlock thread starter macrumors regular

doverlock

Got a 'first attempt delivery made' exception today, was WFH so I could receive the package and they still missed me...

4. shaunmed macrumors regular

UPS is pretty cool. give em a call or stop by a store. its better than the darn post office anyway.

5. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Matching addresses on a government issued ID should be enough. Worked for me.

6. doverlock thread starter macrumors regular

doverlock

By this, I assume the package name was different than yours too?

7. slookx24 macrumors member

I picked up my 6+ from UPS Customer Center. It was sent under my brother's name, but my ID matched the address on the package. The UPS guys would not release the package to me and said the person whose name is on the package had to be the one to pick it up. I explained to them that UPS Customer Service said it would be available for pickup as long as the address on the ID matches the address on the package. However, the dude at the counter told me that is the 800 number's policy, and that THAT specific Customer Center I was at requires it to be the person whose name is on the package.

Eventually they released it to me after my brother texted me a picture of his ID.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

When I picked up mine, people were turned away from our local UPS center because they weren't the person the iPhone was sent to. They had the UPS note and other proof of address but that wasn't good enough.

9. doverlock thread starter macrumors regular

doverlock

Local Customer Center called me back about my delivery exception. Driver is going to come back before the leasing office closes and will deliver the package!

But I asked her about the naming issue, and she said she absolutely understood that AT&T's policy required a different name on the package and would have no issue with me picking it up. Seems like it's different policy at every center.

I just hope the driver can make it to me..