iPad Picking up iPad Air in store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xNYMetsx, Oct 24, 2013.

1. xNYMetsx macrumors 6502

xNYMetsx

Do you think my local Apple store (I have a fair amount of stores around me, about 8) will have stock of the iPad Air 7 hours after opening time? Or is this going to be a 5s thing where it's out of stock in store for weeks.

2. Macalway macrumors 68000

My guess is they will haves TONS

At least they better have :)

3. Bokes macrumors 6502

Another thread claims you can order online early Friday AM- and select pick-up in store. If this is true why would anyone wait in line?

4. rfree18 macrumors newbie

I can't find the thread right now, but someone found that if you hit the iPad Air promotional banner in the Apple Store app, a page comes up with the usual November 1st ordering text. Here's what it says: "Use the Apple Store app to order iPad Air and get free shipping or in-store pickup." I hope it's true :)

5. royinla14 macrumors regular

I totally read the other day at some place on the Apple website that you can order and pick it up at the store. I will try and find the page I saw this on.

6. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

From the apple store app

7. aypues macrumors regular

I'm definitely doing this! No point in waking up early to stand in line when I can just order it at midnight and come in at 11am with no (or minimal) line lol

8. leenak macrumors 68020

Interesting, I may do a store pickup myself then :) We have a ton of Apple stores in our area but only a few I'd care to drive to so I'd pick out 3 or 4 stores to try.

9. bobright macrumors 601

Does anybody want to call them and find out if this is true? I called them a few days ago and they said they don't know this info yet if that'll be possible. If it were true you would think the actual website would say that but it doesn't.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I may be slow and blind... but where does it say you can do instore pickup the SAME DAY? Or on November 1st for that matter?

Sure, order and pick it up in the store NEXT WEEK, maybe?

11. bobright macrumors 601

Exactly. I asked them if I could order that morning or at 12:00 PST on Nov 1 then pick it up at noon and they said they're not sure yet to call back.

12. Macalway macrumors 68000

I don't see preordering to pick up in store after an indeterminate delay, do to Apple wanting to create lines because they are publicity hounds

Then again...:D

13. zbarvian macrumors 68010

That's awesome, I really hope they do that with the Retina iPad Mini.

14. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

Pickup in store required conformation email sent from store, it might delay longer that day.

15. Bokes macrumors 6502

I called and they will not commit to same day in store pick-up based on available inventory. I do find it odd they can't just have a team of stock help pulling iPads aside. Online purchase is not a reserve it's a paid order. A sale is a sale.

I think another poster was correct- Apple WANTS the line.

Thinking it through- the release is Friday- do they really want to sell out that day and lose the whole weekend to potential sale numbers? My guess is there will be heavy stock. Wall street wants to see sale numbers on Monday.

that said- GL

make mine Black 64

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sure but when they do in-store p/u there is still a line, just separate from non-pre-orderers. They have two line queues set up, one for iDevice p/u & one for buying. I think when Apple doesn't allow launch day p/u it's because of a genuine logistics difficulty.

17. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I will be surprised if they do same day pick up. It will be great if they do, otherwise I am ordering online.

18. dtrj787 macrumors regular

dtrj787

Just about every item can be picked up in store. I'm sure the this will not be available on launch day. It was not available for iPhone until a week after launch.