Picking up iPhone 4 today...what to check for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xrayz, Jul 3, 2010.

1. xrayz macrumors member

So I finally got my email to pick up my iPhone 4 today. I have almost a 1 hour drive to pick it up, so I want to be as sure as possible that I don't get a lemon.

I figure I'll look for discoloration of the screen and do a deathgrip test. Any other bugs I should look for?

thx

2. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

check the screen, make sure theres no dead pixels or dirt under it, and no yellow spots. Check the camera works, gps works, wifi works, etc.

ALL iPhone 4s have the reception issue when you touch the bottom left black seam, it is not a defect, it is a design flaw.

3. Hoangsta macrumors member

Make a call to someone and check the proximity sensor.

4. cfink macrumors member

I held my phone in my left hand for the 2 hour drive to Tampa from Orlando and never once lost service - the bars dropped a few here and there but call quality was fine.

Good luck with the new phone - as Apple released yesterday, they're going to have a software update released soon that will fix the signal bar issue so it seems like that is a moot point.

Fink :apple:

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Check for scratches. Check the camera for a green spot since this is a really common thing. Check for yellow blotches.

6. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Make sure the SIM tray is nice and flush. If you are in a nit picking mood, shake the iPhone and see if you can hear a rattle. I have been through two replacements for unrelated issues. Only one of my three iPhone 4's has had a discernible rattle, and my opinion is it isn't normal.

7. cfink macrumors member

I had this exact issue with my 3GS - it ended up just being the silent/ring toggle switch.
    Not saying that is the issue with the iP4, just a random thought.

Fink :apple:

8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Just check to see if they gave you a receipt and then just go home and enjoy it.