picking up iPhone 6 tomorrow but want iPhone 6+: strategies?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by idealcheese, Sep 18, 2014.

1. idealcheese
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I received the email that my iPhone 6 is ready for pickup tomorrow at the Soho NYC store. I was unable to preorder the Plus model and can't wait 3-4 weeks to get a new phone, so I went with the 6. I'm absolutely not willing to camp out like a crazy person (sorry!) but I would be willing to wait up to around 2 hours to get the Plus. However, I'm a bit scared of the mob scene at the store and not sure if it's worth it to try, or if it IS worth it, what time I should arrive.

I'm also wondering if they will be updating stock daily for store deliveries? If so, I could keep playing roulette on store.apple.com daily until I get one.

Regardless, I'll go home with an iPhone tomorrow because I need one, but with the 14-day return policy I'm holding out hope of snagging a Plus before that elapses. Any advice? Thanks!

2. kovey
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Hurry up and wait. If you're not already lined up now, you're not getting a 6+ tomorrow.

3. idealcheese
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that's what I figured.
    Anyone know if Apple will restock the online store daily with new stock for in-store pickup?

4. Slumpey
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I am wondering this as well. Can we check the stock each morning on line via apple.com for local apple stores availability and then if they have something can we just order it.

5. maybeiloveyou
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

It seems like there are already people regretting their 6+ order. Maybe you can hit up a local MR member or ask around in line to see if someone wants to trade? Makes it easier than running around blindly trying to find a 6+.

6. SMIDG3T
    Expand Collapse
    Suspended

SMIDG3T

I think from all the news today regarding the Plus you need to be in a line right now if not it'll be extremely difficult to get your hands on one.

7. Chupa Chupa
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Impossible to know but I'd guess no on the plus given the current delivery time for them. It looks like they are allocating production for the next multi-country release wave.