Picking up pictures from Photostream at Hi-Quality

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by dom9360, Oct 23, 2011.

1. dom9360 macrumors newbie

dom9360

Hey guys.

I'm having difficulty downloading pictures at the original (hi-res) from photostream to my iphone. However, pictures downloaded from photostream from my computer come down at original quality.

Is this by design? I'm doing this because my girlfriend and I share a photostream "account" and we can grab each other's photos faster this way.

2. blondepianist macrumors member

The Photos app displays pictures (even ones taken on the phone) at a lower resolution than they're actually stored at, probably for performance reasons. Maybe there's an app for full-res photos?

3. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

This is correct. Whenever you sync photos to your iPhone through iTunes, it will re-format the pictures in a way that is optimized for your device– hence the "Optimizing Photos" descriptor. They will not be viewable beyond a certain resolution on your phone from the Photos app.

To the OP: Have you tried transferring the Photo Stream'ed pictures from your iDevice to a computer? Check if the resolution is preserved between your SO's device to your own through Photo Stream.