Picking up plus today (do I use sim from old phone)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caesarp, Oct 4, 2014.

1. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Thanks to istocknow I woke up to learn a Verizon plus space gray 64gb was available at an Appke store near me (king of Prussia , PA). So do I use the SIM card from my old iPhone 5 in the 6 plus? Or activate it with a new SIM card that it comes with?

What are the advantages or disadvantages of either approach?

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Worth att I always just use the same sim. I don't know if this is don't with your carrier. Although if buying on contact. The new sum would probably be activated at the time of purchase

3. caesarp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have Verizon. If I restore my phone from iTunes at home do they still activate new sim in store?

4. SchuettS macrumors 6502

At the Apple Store they'll activate the new phone w a new sim that's already in it. They won't even take the phone out of the wrapping.

5. Scott1012 macrumors member

Question:

I ordered my girlfriend on the Apple.com store a Verizon iPhone 6 plus 64gb gold. It is for another new 2 year contract as she was eligible for an upgrade.

When the phone arrives, will a new sim card be in the phone (and automatically ready to work) or does she need to swap her old sim card from her 4s? If so, I don't think that is possible because I heard that the 4s sim card is larger than the new iPhone 6 sim cards.

Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks

6. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Yeah the 4s sim is too big. If you had a 5 you could just take the sim out of it and put it in the 6 and it'll work. No calling Verizon or nothing.

The 6 from Amazon will come w a new sim. You'll have to activate it.

7. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Mine came with the sim already in the phone. The phone set up will ask you if you want to use this number (number on activated line) If you say yes, it activates that number to that sim and deactivates the old sim. Easy as pie, no need to call or go into the store