Picking up reserved 4S today how do I convince Apple to sell off contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richard371, Oct 26, 2011.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

When the iPhone was released I ordered it from the Apple store with a new line and am giving the phone and line to my sister who has bad credit. My personal line is currently on the corporate plan. I am unable to get one from my company so I just want to by it off contract and use my sim in it like I have been doing with the phone I am giving to my sister. I assume since they will be able to see this phone based on my Apple ID used to reg for the reserved phone they will tell me I need a new line of service for the second phone.

I have a feeling Apple store will give me a hard time but in the end it is up to them to sell it to me for the full $849 price. How do I convince them of this?

Thanks

2. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

no, they'll sell it to you off contract no problem. just ask.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Not sure I followed all of that - Anyway, you should be able to buy the phone at the "non commitment" rate of $849 (64GB). Just tell them you don't want to tie it to a phone plan.

4. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

Right but don't they require you to have an ATT line to get it off contract? The problem is my ATT line is on the corp plan and they usually don't have access to ATT corporate numbers at the Apple store.

Thanks

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

Why can you just log into your ATTWireless.com and when you shop you'll be sent to the premier site. Order the phone at full price.

FAN phones are still personal phones just are attached to a corporate discount plan.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I'm assuming he wants unlocked, so his sister won't need to have an AT&T account.

7. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

She wants ATT as she is in the USA and tmobile is only 2G on the iPhone. She will pay me for the phone and service each month. I want the unlocked phone to use with my corp ATT account and then I can sell it when the 5 comes out.

Now if Apple store can access my corp ATT account and upgrade the line and sell it for the subsidized price that will be even better then the $850 I will pay off contract.

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You can buy any phone off contract, you must choose a carrier though.

9. grnamin macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat as you. My company pays for my AT&T service. I went to the local Apple Store, told the rep at the entrance that I wanted an AT&T iPhone 4S. He asked me what color and capacity, handed me a card and told me to wait in line (no one else was in line, Tuesday last week). A few seconds later, another rep called me in. I handed her the card and told her that I have an iPhone 4 and my company pays for my service. I asked if I could get an iPhone 4S and pay full price instead. She said I could and a few more minutes later I had an iPhone 4S in hand. Receipt says "No Wireless Service Activation during iPhone sale". Works fine.