Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newtral

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Hi I've been trying to get to CS but doesn't look like I will with the high volume.

I bought a Verizon iPhone (full price) and will be picking it up at the apple store.
My plan is to just take out the verizon sim and put my att sim in. Reason I'm asking is b/c I used a friends account to order the verizon phone on his account.

Will I run into any problems here?

Will the store employee activate the phone at the store before handing it to me? Or am I good enough to take it home to get it working on my att sim?

PaulRustad007

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2015
When I got mine, I just popped out the old sim from my old phone and popped it into the X and everting was good and dandy......

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
Hi I've been trying to get to CS but doesn't look like I will with the high volume.

I bought a Verizon iPhone (full price) and will be picking it up at the apple store.
My plan is to just take out the verizon sim and put my att sim in. Reason I'm asking is b/c I used a friends account to order the verizon phone on his account.

Will I run into any problems here?

Will the store employee activate the phone at the store before handing it to me? Or am I good enough to take it home to get it working on my att sim?

No idea why you ordered it that way... I purchased an unlocked iPhone X from Apple full price. It doesn't care what kind of SIM I put in it. Works fine on Verizon and any other carrier - it's the same as a Verizon phone IIRC.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
That being said.... even though the thread is old... Verizon recently announced that their phones will not be unlocked out of the box anymore.

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
Yeah, noticed that after I posted.

It doesn't make much sense if paying full price to NOT get the unlocked version. It has CDMA bands and the Qualcomm chip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.