pickup in store???

Kurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
so i am ordering a 11" macbook air. when i select pick up in store, it says it will be available oct. 17. that sounds like a long time since i can get it sooner by shipping it to my house.

my question is, has anyone done pick up in store before when ordering a "special" item? Did you really have to wait over 10 days?

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City
I too considered having my MBA shipped to the store but it was going to take almost a week longer than having it shipped directly to my house. My guess is that when you get it shipped directly to your house, each order that is placed is air-shipped in a one-by-one manner directly from the assembly location to your house. Those that get shipped to the store are probably accumulated with other store orders and are then shipped via a more economical ( and most likely slower) method and through their distribution channels.

Comment

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Yes it takes that long. I will go with the bundled shipment theory.

Comment

Kurri

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
ok, i ordered. just hate the wait :) thanks guys

Comment

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
so i am ordering a 11" macbook air. when i select pick up in store, it says it will be available oct. 17. that sounds like a long time since i can get it sooner by shipping it to my house.

my question is, has anyone done pick up in store before when ordering a "special" item? Did you really have to wait over 10 days?
I ordered a custom (CTO) 13" MBA and it got to the store for pickup about five days before the estimated delivery date. I suspect that date is a worst case scenario.

Comment