pickup in store???

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Kurri, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Kurri macrumors 6502

so i am ordering a 11" macbook air. when i select pick up in store, it says it will be available oct. 17. that sounds like a long time since i can get it sooner by shipping it to my house.

my question is, has anyone done pick up in store before when ordering a "special" item? Did you really have to wait over 10 days?

2. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

I too considered having my MBA shipped to the store but it was going to take almost a week longer than having it shipped directly to my house. My guess is that when you get it shipped directly to your house, each order that is placed is air-shipped in a one-by-one manner directly from the assembly location to your house. Those that get shipped to the store are probably accumulated with other store orders and are then shipped via a more economical ( and most likely slower) method and through their distribution channels.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Yes it takes that long. I will go with the bundled shipment theory.

4. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

ok, i ordered. just hate the wait :) thanks guys

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I ordered a custom (CTO) 13" MBA and it got to the store for pickup about five days before the estimated delivery date. I suspect that date is a worst case scenario.