Pickup in store

MrRugged

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
Does anyone know if the Apple stores will let you pickup before your slotted time? I had to pick a 2:00 time slot as none others were left but wondering if I can go first thing in the morning. I got a space gray aluminum but want to go early to see if they will have space black SS. If they don’t have any walk ins available to purchase, I just want to get my aluminum and go. Anybody have any experience with these pickup slots?

DarkKnight1968

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2017
Does anyone know if the Apple stores will let you pickup before your slotted time? I had to pick a 2:00 time slot as none others were left but wondering if I can go first thing in the morning. I got a space gray aluminum but want to go early to see if they will have space black SS. If they don’t have any walk ins available to purchase, I just want to get my aluminum and go. Anybody have any experience with these pickup slots?
It will probably depend on the store. The store I go to lines people up by their times and is pretty strict. A few years ago a woman with an 11 am pickup time showed up at 8 am. She kept getting bumped back as people with earlier pickup times arrived.

MrRugged

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
Thanks. I’m hoping that’s not the case. Apart from the first release, these are easy pickups. Not sure why it would matter. Anybody with late pick up times allowed to get in early last year?

ukms

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Thanks. I’m hoping that’s not the case. Apart from the first release, these are easy pickups. Not sure why it would matter. Anybody with late pick up times allowed to get in early last year?
On day 1 they are usually pretty strict in my experience, they might let you get away with 15 mins but not several hours ..... with respect it’s the whole point of the pick up time, otherwise if everyone just turned when they felt like it there would be chaos! ..... with 2 popular product releases it will be busy enough anyway. As has been mentioned it could depend on the store / staff on the day.

You are also adding complexity to the situation by trying to change your product :) ... good luck !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.