Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniper308

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone tried one of those snazzy new PICO projectors yet that were all the rave at CES? How is it with the Iphone??

sniper308

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Really no one? How about the Apple / Optoma one???

How about this one?
Optoma_pico.jpg

sebgreen

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2008
UK
I'm interested in one

Yeah, has anyone tried one? I'm gona get one soon ish but could not find many reviews of them??

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
what's the point, apple only allows you to view

ipod videos
ipod photos
youtube

via video out

It's not worth the cost

now if apple allowed mirroring ( showing whats on the screen) then that's another story

monkeybear

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009

ipod videos
ipod photos
youtube

via video out

It's not worth the cost

now if apple allowed mirroring ( showing whats on the screen) then that's another story

DUDE! First off just wanted to say hi, I'm new here - I've been die hard PC guy all my life but just picked up a macbook air - IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!

Anyways, DUDE - I just picked up the Aaxatech micro projector, this thing is FREAKING AWESOME! Not only do I watch 60" videos on the ceiling at night, I can take it with me wherever... I was watching American dad in classs and screwing with my friends on campus :p

Only downside is the battery only lasts like an hour. It's not super bright in the daytime, but for $250 it was TOTALL WORTH IT. Check out my thread on ipodtouchfans:

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139199

I've attached some pics, but seriously even for the $399 Optoma unit I think it's totally worth it!

Attachments

• Ipod_ceiling.jpg
    Ipod_ceiling.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Pocket3.jpg
    Pocket3.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC03268.JPG
    DSC03268.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 97

sebgreen

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2008
UK
What I want it for

ipod videos
ipod photos
youtube

via video out

It's not worth the cost

I want it to project a slide show onto the wall. My sis is getting married and want to project a slide show of baby pics on the wall in the reception

sniper308

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
I want it to project a slide show onto the wall. My sis is getting married and want to project a slide show of baby pics on the wall in the reception

Based on what I've seen I'm not sure you can use any LED projector for a wedding venue. Most weddings I've seen they are using top of the line business projectors with like Xenon or Halogen bulbs with 3000 lumens - I don't think 12 or even 500 lumens is going to cut it for a wedding unless it's in complete darkness

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.