PICO Projector????

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sniper308, Feb 6, 2009.

1. sniper308 macrumors newbie

Anyone tried one of those snazzy new PICO projectors yet that were all the rave at CES? How is it with the Iphone??

2. sniper308 thread starter macrumors newbie

Really no one? How about the Apple / Optoma one???

How about this one? [​IMG]

3. sebgreen macrumors regular

I'm interested in one

Yeah, has anyone tried one? I'm gona get one soon ish but could not find many reviews of them??

4. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

what's the point, apple only allows you to view

ipod videos
    ipod photos
    youtube

via video out

It's not worth the cost

now if apple allowed mirroring ( showing whats on the screen) then that's another story

5. monkeybear macrumors newbie

DUDE! First off just wanted to say hi, I'm new here - I've been die hard PC guy all my life but just picked up a macbook air - IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!

Anyways, DUDE - I just picked up the Aaxatech micro projector, this thing is FREAKING AWESOME! Not only do I watch 60" videos on the ceiling at night, I can take it with me wherever... I was watching American dad in classs and screwing with my friends on campus :p

Only downside is the battery only lasts like an hour. It's not super bright in the daytime, but for $250 it was TOTALL WORTH IT. Check out my thread on ipodtouchfans:

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139199

I've attached some pics, but seriously even for the $399 Optoma unit I think it's totally worth it!

Attached Files:

6. sebgreen macrumors regular

What I want it for

I want it to project a slide show onto the wall. My sis is getting married and want to project a slide show of baby pics on the wall in the reception

7. sniper308 thread starter macrumors newbie

Based on what I've seen I'm not sure you can use any LED projector for a wedding venue. Most weddings I've seen they are using top of the line business projectors with like Xenon or Halogen bulbs with 3000 lumens - I don't think 12 or even 500 lumens is going to cut it for a wedding unless it's in complete darkness

8. sniper308 thread starter macrumors newbie