Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Rumoured-iPhone-6.jpg

Rumoured-iPhone-6.jpg

At least the leaks were accurate.

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
I'm almost positive that these are the fake clones of the iPhone 6 that were inspired my the leaks. (GooPhone, etc)

Apple hasn't even announced it, it's probably close to the last stages of production. Don't be so eager, wait for September. ;)

:rolleyes:

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
I call fake for 2 reasons:
1) Notice how the screen seems to be sunk in from the bezel (black border varies based on perspective)? That happens when the screen isn't fused with the glass (like it is on the iPhone 5 and 5s) and I don't think Apple would go back a step in technology.
2) On the box, the icons don't have any more spacing between them versus the current gen. That means that either the display resolution is the same (unlikely) or Apple will require a new size of icon assets from devs (I hope not...).

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
That's why they are leaked. Seems reasonably fair to assume that if it's going to be released in 4-6 weeks that they will be starting to get stockpiled already.

Sure, but this is so obviously fake. :)

Silver phone in a box for the gold one.
iOS 7 screenshots (no health app)
The phone looks cheap (although the design itself is probably close to the real thing; the top and side bezels, especially, will be smaller)

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Its fake. There's a video of a man on YouTube who tricks people I to thinking he has the i phone 6 but it is actually a cheap knock off complete with box. If I find the link il post it.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2009
Right away, I knew that that wasn't what the new iPhone would look like because wasn't there a picture here on the main page where there weren't any sides and the screen basically went over the edges?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.