Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kasakato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Would anyone happen to have images of their smart cover box, preferably one from North America.

I recently purchased one from a third party and wanted to verify it is authentic.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Just picked one up at Best Buy this morning. Sorry for the iPhone pics. :)

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see.

4715c353-bc0b-b0cf.jpg

4715c353-bc17-85c4.jpg

kasakato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Thanks! My package has multiple languages on it (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese), but it otherwise looks the same. Guess Canadian labeling law requires English and French, so Apple decided to throw everything on it.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I bought a Smart Cover last year from eBay and it was really hard to tell by the box that it was fake. The only real difference was that the email image on Apple's is somewhat readable while the "off brand" was not. If you aren't looking carefully, they can fool you. Luckily I had a Smart Cover box already so it was easy to compare.

i7QuadCoreMania

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
Would anyone happen to have images of their smart cover box, preferably one from North America.

I recently purchased one from a third party and wanted to verify it is authentic.

I saw some pics online of some smartcovers that said "iPad2" on the top, all the ones I own (from applestore) just say iPad not iPad2. :confused:

kasakato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I saw some pics online of some smartcovers that said "iPad2" on the top, all the ones I own (from applestore) just say iPad not iPad2. :confused:

Mine only says "iPad Smart Cover." The bottom left corner reads "Compatible with iPad 2."

----------

I bought a Smart Cover last year from eBay and it was really hard to tell by the box that it was fake. The only real difference was that the email image on Apple's is somewhat readable while the "off brand" was not. If you aren't looking carefully, they can fool you. Luckily I had a Smart Cover box already so it was easy to compare.

Good catch! I can make out some text on my box.

kasakato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Decided to open the package. I noticed there are a few blemishes on the leather. A "dot" and a few light lines are noticeable. Are these normal?

scaled.php

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
Lines and blemishes are normal (to an extent). I spent some time at the apple store going through different covers of the same color looking for one that had the least blemishes. With that said, mine will probably end up getting soiled and scratched.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.