pics of white moshi palmguard please

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wannabe07, Jun 15, 2008.

1. wannabe07 macrumors member

I found some pictures of blackbooks with the palmguard on, but I was hoping to see a few close-ups of the white version. If I missed them somewhere, please feel free to point me to them.

From the reviews I've read, it sounds like the film is thicker than you would think it might be, but I'm wondering if that makes the edges of the film more noticeable. Has anyone had any issues with the edges attracting lint or dirt on the adhesive?

Also, what is the texture of the film like? Something I read described it as "leathery" which sounds bizarre and totally not what I want. Does it feel much different than the plastic palmrest material?

Thanks!

2. wannabe07 thread starter macrumors member

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

They look like the pics from their website. I had the Black on my Blackbook, and now the Silver on my MBP. They are a very, very thin sticker type material. Not leather feel at all. They blend in completely with the laptop, to the point that you don't even know they are there. I did not like the trackpad cover, so only use the Wristpad, and traackpad button covers.

http://www.moshimonde.com/palmguard.htm

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't have a Macbook, but since no one is providing pictures, here are mine. They should all be same thickness for all of them:

Front thickness:
    [​IMG]

Yes you can see the palmguard:
    [​IMG]

And as for texture, it feels like rough plastic; if you know the desk mats it feels like that.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

they look and work just perfectly on the white macbooks. i don't have a camera to take pictures. but i'm happy with mine, and have had it on for about a year now with no issues.

7. MaMi macrumors newbie

I dont have any pics to post. But I've had mine on my white mb for a few months now with no problems. Don't have to worry about the discoloration everyone mentions.

8. wannabe07 thread starter macrumors member

9. johngardiner macrumors regular

hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone who owns one of these can tell me what kind of effect they have when you remove them from the laptop? I ordered one for my macbook pro and am wondering if when I decide to take it off, will it leave any residue or stickyness or anyhting? Thanks!

10. wannabe07 thread starter macrumors member

From what I've read - sorry I can't speak from experience - most people have said that there hasn't been any residue or stickiness when the film is removed. But I think most of those reports have been based on the film only being on a short period of time - so I would wonder if the same is true after the film has been applied for months or years.

11. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

these things work the best.. screw marware.. Moshi is where its at i have put them on all my machines...

12. okatidubi macrumors regular

13. Zadiek macrumors member

I have had mine for about 9 months now, and it continues to work well. I guess I don't understand why you would take it off anyway. It protects against scratches, dirt, and even case cracks in the wrist area.

14. PDE macrumors 68020

I've taken them off before and never noticed any residue. Just great, hard protection that blends in perfectly with the computer. Of course you can see it, but you won't notice it unless you're looking for it. Excellent product that i put on all my mac laptops.

15. Zadiek macrumors member

Well I think you can defiantly notice it. It is more white than the default wrist rest area. It actually works out though because it matches the whiteness of the keyboard. Which is nice.