Pics Synced from iTunes Not Orientated Correctly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by StevoDevo, Apr 6, 2010.

1. StevoDevo macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just got an iPhone and told iTunes to sync photos with the My Pictures directory on my laptop. This directory hold photos I've downloaded from my Canon DSLR camera. The pictures are obviously not orientated because the orientation information is in the EXIF data and programs like Picasa automatically rotate them for viewing.

When I view the files on the iPhone some are rotated correctly, others are not (they are all landscape). Even when I rotate the iPhone 90 degrees the picture still rotates to the incorrect orientation.

Is there some way I can fix this up?

Stevo

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, it gets really annoying with eBay/Craigslist. I take the picture, transfer it to Mac using Image Capture, and when I post it on eBay or Craigslist, it's always turned 90 degrees the wrong way. This is also true even if I upload it anywhere on the internet.

No idea why this happens. Only thing I can do is just open the image in Preview, turn it 90 degrees, then back, and save. This fixes the issue.

I know this is basically the opposite of your issue, but maybe they're related.