Pics: Valentine Goods Auburn Leather Back on White iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hanwei, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Hanwei macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I just received the premium leather back in Auburn from Valentine Goods. Slapped it on... and it's pretty nice. I got this as a hold-over until the SGP back protectors were released to the market.

The adhesive is pretty strong so we'll see how well it stays on/in place with time as it goes in and out of my pocket.

The Auburn color is a medium dark brown and is very nice.

The only thing I wish Valentine Goods would do is round the edges so that they're not so "sharp". The only issue I can see is my fingers catching the edge as it goes into the pocket for the phone and peeling the backing.

Anyway... I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it on there versus going with the clear back protector and a snap case yet... I'll give this leather back some time first.

www.valentinegoods.com (I have no affiliation with them).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

3. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

is this more your speed :D;)

[​IMG]

4. newskin macrumors 6502

That's a thick piece of cow right there. I can see what you mean about it getting caught while putting in or taking out of pocket. Looks quality though.

5. CatsTide macrumors 6502

I'm a fan of the look...going to the web site now...

----------

Stingray would be awesome but i don't know about 60 bucks

6. Hanwei thread starter macrumors member

:D To each their own, right?

Actually... having only used it for one day, I'm already pretty sure I'm going to end up with the SGP back protector and the Ultra Thin Air case arriving later this week.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with this leather back... I think I'm just realizing that I'd prefer the snap case over this.

If anyone wants it, you can have it for $15 shipped. PM me for my paypal address. I'll take the leather back off and stick it back onto the piece of paper it came with. The condition of the leather back is still flawless.

7. CatsTide macrumors 6502

I'll take it

8. CatsTide macrumors 6502

Just got my Leather back from the OP today and applied it to a black clip on case I also received today. Pretty good combo.

Attached Files:

9. Hanwei thread starter macrumors member

Whoa. Didn't see that combo coming ;) I'm glad you like it and enjoy it!

10. jcliden macrumors member

same here ;)

11. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I bought a darker version for my white 4S a year ago. quality was great, but like the OP said, the sides started to look not so smooth. It lasted about a few months before I just took it off. Great product though.

12. ipharaon macrumors newbie

Very poor look. Just prefer SGP Leather. It are more thin and more better. Just my IMHO. Waiting for SGP Leather white set for my white iphone 5 ;)

13. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I wish they had a leather wrap for the sides too, so that you get some sort of drop protection.

14. ipharaon macrumors newbie

Excuse me, but I like iPhone design "as is", and leather on the back side I need only because the films are scratched after 2-3 monther, but the leather doesn't. And leather is more comfortable on touch only. The same time, the sides look well without any protection :)

15. CatsTide macrumors 6502

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...