Picture appear after erase HD Macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Anubiz, May 23, 2016.

1. Anubiz, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016

Anubiz macrumors newbie

So i decided to erase de HDD on my macbook pro and reinstall yosemite, after 2 weeks of normal work, suddenly a picture appear in my trash can, an old picture from 2012 (not important) with no name only a lot of numbers in the title, so i freak out thinking that i have been hacked or something, so i erase again and reinstall yosemite, and erase the free space. Please I really need some help so i can be more calmed and stop thinking that i have been hacked, and someone stole my private files.I called the mac center and explained what happened, and they told me that they never heard something like that, but a hack thing would be very difficult. Is this a normal bug from mac computers?

I don't use iCloud and all cloud stuff

2. JohnDS macrumors 65816

Do you have any external drives, or a flash drive attached? The picture might be in the trash of the external volume.
    --- Post Merged, May 23, 2016 ---
    Might also be in your DropBox trash.

3. Anubiz thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont remember if that day i had one attached, but that could explain the problem. But if i did not have the external drive attached, what other thing could do that Weird thing??, thank you For the reply :)

4. JohnDS macrumors 65816

Most likely was an external drive. Might be DropBox too, or any sort of network or cloud storage.

5. Anubiz thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont use Any of cloud storage, do you think it could be a kind of attack ? Or something bad to steal files?

6. JohnDS macrumors 65816

I doubt it. It was likely in the trash on a flash drive or external drive of some sort. If you have emptied the trash and it disappeared, I wouldn't worry about it.

7. Anubiz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much johnds.