Picture Dimensions Needed!

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by MimiB, Jun 23, 2017.

1. MimiB macrumors newbie

My work requires me to open numerous images throughout the day and edit them. When I open my Picture window (not Finder) to choose the image I want to edit, I can't see any dimensions under them. Many of my images look the same, and if I lose track of which ones I've changed sizes on, I have to open all the pictures to figure out where I've left off. This issue started on Monday when I updated my OS to Sierra.

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

While in that Finder view hit command-j to bring up view preferences then checkmark the box I have marked to get the image size to display.

Screen_Shot_2017-06-23_at_11_41_08_AM.png

3. MimiB, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017

MimiB thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, but the issue is, Finder isn't what opens when I'm in my editing software...or anything actually. You know if you click to upload a file to this conversation, Finder isn't what pops up. It's your Image window that gives you options to choose from. I changed it in Finder this morning, but it didn't change in my Image window. Thanks for trying though. =)

So, here's something interesting...I can see the image size in the Picture tab and Download tab in my Image window, BUT I can't see the image size in the Desktop or Documents tab. I have to view the images as thumbnail images because I work visually and not all of the same images I need are saved together or named similarly. I'm attaching two images so you see what I'm seeing in my Image window when I'm opening a window in Picmonkey to choose an image to edit. One has the sizes in blue font below the image, the other doesn't.

Attached Files: