Picture Effects: realtime distortion filters

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Elo Everidge, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Elo Everidge macrumors newbie

Inspired by Photo Booth on the Mac, Picture Effects lets you distort your photos with some awesome effects like Twirl, Squeeze, Fisheye, etc. Editing is all realtime by draggin and pinching across the picture. It's a universal app for both iPhone and iPad. $2.99.

App Store link
    Demo video on YouTube

Since I am based in Europe and won't be getting an iPad for some weeks, I'd really be interested in feedback by iPad users (I'm envious!) how the app feels on the iPad and what you would improve. I am going to post a few promo codes in the Code Sharing forum in a moment.

Ole from Berlin

2. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Looks good and I'm surprised apple never included something like this as default! I assume the pic res from a 3GS is quite low though?

3. Elo Everidge thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback, rendez2k. I'm scaling pictures to 1024x1024 px but I think this is still quite good resolutionwise. Of course, image quality deteriorates if you apply an extreme fisheye effect because there are not enough pixels available but in my testing this was even so with the 3 megapixel images from the camera.