Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CatalystAbout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2023
Hello! I recently bought a new M2 Pro MBP 14". When I toggle the picture in picture mode on my mac, initially it works just fine but if I switch to mission control and then make another window active, the PiP immediately freezes except for small parts around the play/pause and the close the PiP buttons (you can't take a screenshot of it but just imagine that you have a still from your video and in small parts of it you can actually see that video playing while everything else is frozen). You can fix it by just clicking anywhere in the PiP window but it's really annoying. Has anyone else experienced it? (hopefully with a permanent solution to it)

Pasha13

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I have a similar problem. Brand new 16" MBP with Ventura 13.5. If I force lock the screen (ctrl+cmd+Q), PiP stays visible, and even flickers intermittently.

PiP seems to be interfering with my screensaver in a very bad way.

raywkh14

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2019
I am also having this issue on Sonoma 14.1.1 on M3 Pro. Were you guys able to find a way to fix this?

KetchupnSketti

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
I have this same issue on my M2 Mac Studio. To make it even worse, if when pip is frozen you zoom in with ctrl+scroll wheel (this has to be enabled in accessibility) the whole GUI freezes and you can't do anything. I have to ssh in and restart window server at that point.

Pasha13

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I have this same issue on my M2 Mac Studio. To make it even worse, if when pip is frozen you zoom in with ctrl+scroll wheel (this has to be enabled in accessibility) the whole GUI freezes and you can't do anything. I have to ssh in and restart window server at that point.
I upgraded to Sonoma from Ventura and the issue went away. Not sure if this was luck, or if there was an actual patch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.