Picture in Picture

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jasmynp, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

i just did PiP for the first time on my air 2 and Heavens to Murgatroyd this has GOT to come to YouTube. What's the hold up? Has anyone heard anything?

2. beernut macrumors 6502

Try the app 'Tubex'. It'll do pip, slide over, split screen.
    Can also easily select settings like video quality, speed, and even has sleep timer

3. Jasmynp thread starter macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

THANK YOU!!!!!
    --- Post Merged, Jan 13, 2016 ---
    Is there a Netflix client that allows the same thing?

4. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

The problem is that YouTube offers this subscription service they call "RED" which is $10/month and offers a number of things, one of them being PiP.

I've actually been considering paying the subscription as I watch more YouTube daily than I do television and having no ads would be a nice feature. But if all you want is PiP, it is certainly not worth it and I would just use another app.

5. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Does Apple even allow PIP within their own Apple Music app? I tried watching the Taylor Swift tour video they promoted on Apple Music and wasn't able to figure out how to do PIP. I couldn't even figure out how to make the video play full-screen on the iPad Pro either. What gives?

I had to watch the video as it was window boxed with the white interface. It wasn't a good experience.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

PIP on iOS 9 was a disappointment not many apps are ready to support it. I found Android Lillopop 5.0 with PIP was so awesome!!

7. nalbagli macrumors 6502

Because of a recommendation on this forum I started using Protube and it works amazing for me

8. fricotin macrumors regular

9. Jasmynp thread starter macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I just figured out Amazon Instant Video allows PiP and you can still split screen. That's awesome.

Attached Files:

10. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

Like other people have said use Protube. I really wish that netflix would update and allow PiP. I mean come on what is the hold up.

11. Johnny365 macrumors 6502

Johnny365

I tried Protube, and don't like the interface compared to the standard Youtube app. It was certainly nice to have PnP when surfing the web or doing other things outside of the app though!

12. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I tried this and it's pretty good. Kind of a similar idea to "Sidefari". You just copy the URL of the YouTube video (which you can easily do from inside the YouTube app) and then as soon as you open Go Picture in Picture, it automatically pastes the URL you have on the clipboard and starts playing.

Once the video is playing, you can even click links inside the video to launch new videos.