Picture looks different in Finder Preview than in Preview app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jblack4083, May 23, 2009.

1. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

Whats up. I have a picture which someone has edited to make funny. The edited picture shows up in Preview the application with a text box saying something. But in Finder's preview I see the raw picture. Whats going on there and how do i see the full picture the way Finder's Preview sees it.

Yes it's a picture a lady friend sent me :cool:

2. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

You mean like when you select a file in finder and then press the Space bar.. that preview???

3. Jblack4083 thread starter macrumors regular

That doesn't work since I have Tiger. You know if you open a finder window, go to a picture, and on the right side it's got a small picture that says "preview" above it and has the file information below it? The setting at the top with the three columns? The picture doesn't have the text box when i see it there.

Then when i double click it to open the Preview application that comes installed with the computer, it opens up the file which has been edited with the text box.

I want to see the original like the Finder window shows me.

4. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

Its got to do with photoshops thumbnail being cached and not updated in the file.

If you can find some kind of image meta info reader/editor you could probably extract the thumbnail

5. Jblack4083 thread starter macrumors regular

I can view the meta data. Is there any way I can use it to get the thumbnail cached image in full size.