Picture Messages???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hiflyntdwg, Oct 21, 2008.

1. hiflyntdwg macrumors newbie

How come when I receive a picture message from somebody I have to go to a web site and type in a MSG ID and a password? This is such a pain! Why cant the picture just appear like with any other cell phone. If this is how it must be then this is another reason why we need Cut & Paste!!!!!!!!

2. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

Search for "iPhone MMS" and you will find many threads to read about this to keep you occupied for "awhile!"

3. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Sorry mate, maybe in the future. As for now, email is the way to go!

4. nima macrumors member

nima

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I reported this thread to the Admins, hopefully it gets closed ;)

6. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

You FAILED to read and understand that the iPhone wasn't MMS capable. A brief search on the intarwebz would have shown that.

Return the iPhone and get a Tilt or BlackJack

7. iblastoff macrumors 6502

or you can just jailbreak and install swirlymms.

8. hiflyntdwg thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow!

Thanks for all of your criticism! I didn’t realize people were so anal on this forum that you have to watch what you ask. Maybe since I am new to this MacRumors I should have searched for my question but I didn’t so you should probably get over it. Besides if this topic has been exhausted why did you even waste your time reading and replying to it? Maybe you should find something better to do with your spare time. For those of you that responded with some valuable info thanks!

9. Amon37 macrumors regular

Bingo.

10. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

I c:apple:ncur!

11. thewizardguy macrumors newbie

thats a pretty immature response to someone who, as you noted, took the time to respond at all. should I ridicule you for taking the time to ask?

12. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Unforntuately ppl on hear get pretty ridiculous sometimes. It is a shame that there is no MMS and has been a big gripe with the iPhone since day 1.

13. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

+2

14. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

If you are in the US then as per other replies eMail is the way to go, when someone sends you a MMS get them to send it to yo eMail address instead of phone number, the eMail will then show you what address to send MMS to this person with

Unfortunately, this does not work in all countries, not sure if the majority of Apple users on various Mac forums are all in the US, but constantly being told to use Email is not a solution for everyone

Some people say these threads are annoying, I equally find the generic 'Use Email' annoying as it does not work

Sorry for the mini rant, but lets think about Apple users outside the US