Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I just got the new iPhone and I am all excited, but I was wondering. Can the iPhone receive picture messages? I am trying to send some pictures via text from another phone and they are not coming across on my iPhone.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I just got the new iPhone and I am all excited, but I was wondering. Can the iPhone receive picture messages? I am trying to send some pictures via text from another phone and they are not coming across on my iPhone.

Any ideas? Thanks.

MMS is not supported.

only email.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
What would be the best way to receive picture messages from my wife's phone (non internet phone). We have a six month old and she would always send me pictures on my old phone.

Thanks.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Apple knows there is demand for this feature. Many consumers have spoken up about the lack of Multimedia Messaging Service.

Can she send email with photo attachments?

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
What would be the best way to receive picture messages from my wife's phone (non internet phone). We have a six month old and she would always send me pictures on my old phone.

Thanks.

She should still be able to send it through email. I'm assuming she has a regular phone, usually it says "Send to recently used / Send to phone number / Send to email address / Send to many"

Just have her use the "send to email" option. She doesn't need a data plan for that, it counts as a text message.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
She should still be able to send it through email. I'm assuming she has a regular phone, usually it says "Send to recently used / Send to phone number / Send to email address / Send to many"

Just have her use the "send to email" option. She doesn't need a data plan for that, it counts as a text message.

Perfect. I will try that. Thanks alot

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Well I just looked at her phone, she has the ENV2 from LG. The only options she has on sending a picture message is: send to contact, send to online album, and send by bluetooth. There isn't an option for email.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Well I just looked at her phone, she has the ENV2 from LG. The only options she has on sending a picture message is: send to contact, send to online album, and send by bluetooth. There isn't an option for email.

When you click 'send to contact', what comes up? If she adds your e-mail address to her contacts list, will it let you send through that?

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Thanks guys for all the help. After playing around with the settings I was able to send some pictures over.

Thanks again.

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
JuiceCaster's Flutter is the solution I think we are all looking for. They offer FREE SMS picture messaging for iPhone users. It's great, and it allows for me to tag the photo with the exact location where the picture is taken.

NO more logging online to send and receive photos. Definitely worth checking out:
http://www.juicecaster.com/?i=c9

that is obviously not sms. all you're doing is uploading the picture somewhere online and then sending the user a LINK in an sms message.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Guys this thread is four months old. It was revived via the spammy post from brianofcourse.
The OP has moved on... nothing to see here. :p

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Awesome, I'm glad the MMS thread has come back!

So,has anyone figured out how to send MMS on their iPhone? I've been trying all day! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.