Picture Messaging App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric Noa, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Hello,

I was searching the forum and I saw something about an app for that lets you send and received picture messages just like on any other phone, but I cant find the app...any help

2. Iphonelvr macrumors member

3. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

4. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

There is no MMS for the iPhone unless you jailbreak. Take a look over in the Hacks forum in the iPhone Forums section.

5. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Im jailbreaking my iPhone as we speak. lol

Thats where I saw the thing about MMS but I can't find the app

6. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

7. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Are you with AT&T?

If so its very difficult to get it to work. The app is called SwirlyMMS. There are numerous threads here on MacRumors and all over the internet.

8. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

9. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Swirly is a pain. Moving sim cards from phone to phone, this and that, works, stops working for no reason....no thanks!

10. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

11. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

That's only for people on O2 in the UK. This guy's in PA.

The App I like to use is Flutter. You can send a picture over the internet and it doesn't count as a SMS/MMS. The receiver will get a text with a link. If they have a browser, they can then view the picture. There are also other ways of send MMS via your email. You have to know the recipient's carrier to do this. Google "send MMS from iPhone" and you'll see the email address you send the picture to. As for receiving MMS, err...ah...good luck (unless another person sends you a picture via Flutter).

12. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Yes, what do you mean? Yes, MMS questions do come up every day, but there's usually the same amount of pro-MMS people as people bitching, so it just becomes a wash. It all come's down to an opinion/personal preference. There are really no solid, objective arguments against MMS, just personal opinions.

13. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Works fine for me. Rarely have an issue with it and why would you keep switching sim cards from phone to phone?

14. Iphonelvr macrumors member

Well I am definately pro MMS and have absolutely no problem with anybody asking as many questions as they want but ive been lurking around here long enough to know that there are alot of ***holes here just waitin to jump down someones throat with a smart remark about searching before you ask. I just dont understand why some poeple are so negative and I really feel for poeple who come here looking for help and end up getting smashed.

15. amy-is-good macrumors newbie

because the same questions get asked over and over? and it shows that the person is too lazy to search for the answer themselves and expect everyone else to feed them answers?

16. siufai macrumors member

17. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

18. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

20. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

It goes to people, but they get something like this

"its wanting me to reply with a Y and standard message will apply i'll just reply with a Y i guess"

Text I got from a VZW person I sent to. Hmmmm