Picture not as sharp? My second iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NovemberWhiskey, May 22, 2012.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I just my second iPad, and the picture looks noticeably different from my first one, which had a perfect screen. The resolution on the first one was amazing. The new one has fonts that look a little jagged, including on icons, text, picture etc.

Things just don't look as sharp.

Am I just being paranoid or is it possible that there is a quality control issue. Or is it possible that iOS 5.1.1 will increase resolution?

2. VFC macrumors 6502a

3. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Go to Flickr you can see the difference in a heart beat.

4. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

There is no "increase or decrease" in resolution. The iPad 3 has a Retina display. Period. No update is going to change that.

It actually sounds like you have an iPad 2.

5. tandeh macrumors regular

if its directly from apple, ring them up and discuss the mix up, no way should they be sending u an ipad 2, :eek:

6. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Thanks for the help. This one was through best buy.

Part no. Mc705ll/a

Is that right for the 3?

7. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Not sure, but my "new iPad" is MC706LL. No longer have the iPad 2 so can't check the model on it.

8. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

That seems to be the "New Ipad"

9. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

That does seem to be the model number for the new iPad.

Can you take a screenshot of the home screen (just press the home button and sleep/wake simultaneously) and upload it here. We'll be able to tell by the size of the screenshot whether the display is the old 768x1024 or the new 1536x2048.

10. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

One of my new iPads had a screen that wasn't as sharp as the rest. I'd exchange it if you aren't happy with it.

11. WilliamG macrumors 604

It's also possible it's a different vendor that made the screen. Back when I owned a Dell M1210 laptop, I got a replacement due to a defective camera, and the screen on the replacement was nowhere near as "sharp" as my original system's display, despite being the same resolution. The original was an LG, and the replacement... wasn't.

12. jackyyeow macrumors 6502

Now that's something new! My iPad has very sharp resolution. However, i vaguely recalled i was able to see the pixels on one of the iPad 3 on display in a store, but can't seems to see the pixels on mine no matter how close I sticK my eyes to the screen. Try to get close to the screen and see if you can actually see the pixels? It could be the design of the color alignment in every pixels, like the issue with the old vs new design of amoled display.Not a scientific test though but maybe worth trying.